Animal Based Charities

Click here!

Pet Friendly Living Apartments & Duplexes in Pinellas County

Click here!

Required Items For Your New Dog

*Identification Tag
*Food and Water Bowl
*Dog Brush
*Nail Clippers
*Toys and Chew Items
*Doggie Dental Kit
*Dog Bed
*Flea and Tick Control
*Heartworm Prevention

Recommended Items For Your New Dog

*Ear Cleaner
*Dog Shampoo
*Pooper Scooper
*Dog Door
*Indoor COntainment
*Stain and Odor Remover
*Pet Hair Pick up Roller

Traveling With Your Dog

Traveling By Car
Traveling By Air
Health and Identification
Packing For Your Dog
Emergency First Aid Tips

Poisonous Plants

Some of the following plants can be toxic to your dog. Check with your veterinarian before having them in your home.
Click here to continue...

Top 10 Human Medications That Poison Our Pets

Although pet parents are well aware of poisons lurking around their home, many don’t realize that some of the biggest culprits are sitting right on their own nightstands. In 2007, the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center received 89,000 calls related to pets ingesting over-the-counter and prescription medications. To help you prevent an accident from happening, our experts have created a list of the top 10 human medications that most often poison our furry friends.

If you suspect your pet has ingested any of the following items, please call your veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center’s 24-hour hotline at (888) 426-4435. And remember to keep all medications tucked away in bathroom cabinets—and far from curious cats and dogs.Click here to continue...

Things You May Need To Know

You New Pets Introduction To The Family
The Most Common Phone Call From Our New Adoptive Families Is That Their new Pet Is Not Eating
Foods That Are Dangerous To Your Pets
Bonding With Your New Pet
Caring For Your Pet Is A Lifelong Commitment

For more information and points of interest, check out these sites:
Poison Control for pets call:
(888) 4ANIHELP (426-4435):a fee may apply for this service.



Please Remember

· If you have a live Christmas tree, cover the water as it may absorb chemicals and cause illness if ingested. Christmas tree water may contain fertilizers that, if ingested, can cause a stomach upset. Stagnant tree water can also act as a breeding ground for bacteria and cause a pet to end up with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Click here to continue...


Preventing The Great Escape

· The usual commotion of the holiday season can be stressful on animals as well as humans. With holiday guests coming and going, the front door will be opening and closing more than usual. An open door may be too tempting for some pets to resist. Put your pets in a quiet room or quiet area of the house when guests are visiting. Make sure your pets are wearing the proper identification. If during the commotion they become confused and escape the safety of your home, proper identification will ensure that if your pet is found, he will be returned to you.CLick here to continue...